During these unprecedented and uncertain times, Creative Materials continues to be guided first and foremost by our core values and we have aligned our actions with those values as detailed below. Our President & CEO, Ryan Micklus, has issued the following two statements which speak to the status of the business during this pandemic.
Our sales and client-services teams remain at your disposal to consult and advise on a case by case basis. Please feel free to contact us any time with questions.
Care About Others
- Creative Materials team members created the video above to thank all of the COVID-19 frontline workers. In addition, we delivered rainbow-themed cookies from The Cookie Factory (a business local to our Albany, NY HQ), to friends and family members of CMC employees working on the frontlines.
- Some of our teammates and clients have been struggling with working from home and maintaining work/life balance. We tapped into the veterans on our sales team for some tips on making it work while working remotely. Check out their tips here.
- #518Rainbowhunt is a hashtag born in Creative Materials’ hometown and HQ location of Albany, NY. The concept has been spreading across the country and around the world, bringing with it a message of HOPE. After all, you can’t have a rainbow without some rain first! As a way to bring cheer, locals have been invited to create rainbows and hang them in windows, on doors, etc. When people are out for walks or drives they can hunt for rainbows all through the Capital District. Joining in on the positivity, our marketing team created a tile rainbow and hung a picture of it in the window at our HQ for rainbow hunters to find. Our rainbow is made out of our Nectar and Blossom tile collections. Feel free to join the movement and share your rainbow creations or spotting with us via our Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram social channels!
- As a way to spread cheer during stressful times, we invited clients to share some green with their favorite local business on St. Patrick’s Day. Four lucky winners were given a gift card to a local business of their choice. Those local businesses were:
- Continuing to service our clients is of the utmost importance to our team. Our sales and client services teams continue to work effectively from their home offices. We also have daily check-ins, ensuring all systems and technology are functioning properly in order to maintain the level of service our clients have come to expect.
- Our teams are constantly monitoring industry news in order to effectively consult with our clients during this time. Resources that have been helpful during this time, and which may be helpful to you are: Mapping the coronavirus impact on US construction and Construction Industry Coronavirus (COVID-19) News.
- Some clients have inquired about the status of manufacturing facilities around the globe. We’ve put together this webpage, showing the status of factories, production, and ports by country. We update this webpage frequently, but the best way to inquire about material availability for a specific project is to contact one of our team members. Thus far interruptions to material availability have been very minimal.
- Our sample warehouse continues to be fully operational and we have advised warehouse employees to stay home if they or someone in their home is feeling ill. Employees are cleaning and sanitizing work and shipping stations continuously. All samples are cleaned before shipping.
- Spending time in the field with clients is something we love and miss terribly! Since we can’t be in-person, the marketing and sales teams recorded a webinar series. Click the image below for recordings of these webinars.
- You’re gonna want to check out this new Television + Tile blog post brought to you by Erin’s Picks. In fact, now might be a good time to catch up on all of the Erin’s Picks and Tile Talk blog posts. Erin’s Picks is authored by Erin DeMuth, Senior Design Services Consultant, and Tile Talk is authored by Ken Ahn, Quality Assurance and Technical Team Lead. It doesn’t get much more creative than these two!
- Creative Coloring! Coloring is a relaxing activity that has proven to reduce stress. Something we all need right now! We’ve turned Scenari, one of our 2020 Spring/Summer Featured Collections, into coloring sheets and invite you to give them your special twist.
- If you are like us, you have likely found yourself on quite a few Zoom calls lately. Our marketing team created these Zoom backgrounds featuring our new 2020 Spring Summer collections so our clients can have fun changing up their home offices.
- Together with our clients, we absolutely thrive on creativity. One of our Architectural Sales Consultants, Cara Palumbo, put pen to paper these past few weeks to come up with these “Tips from your Tile Girl” Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, and Week 5. Architectural Sales Consultant Jason Connors shared his “Cooking Tips and Tile“.
- Our samples team has found their creative outlet in food. We are toying with the idea of starting a “Sample This” blog so our clients can partake in the fun. In the meantime, here are a few images of their creations – with tile backdrops, of course! (Note: social distancing practices were observed in the making, serving, and enjoyment of all ‘sample this’ foods!)
One Company, One Team
- We have found new ways to stay connected to our colleagues. From daily coffee connections with our teams to weekly all-company updates to virtual zoom happy hours, we know that the best way to fight is to stay connected, positive, and strong.
- In many ways, but especially during this crisis, we embody this value beyond our work lives and into our home lives and beyond. The one company, one team mentality has become very important to us at work, at home, in the communities we help build, across the nation, and around the globe. Together we face this, and together we fight, as one team.