As we continue to coexist in the world of COVID-19, we encounter more and more specifiers focusing on clean indoor environments for their projects. Tile can make up a large footprint as a hard finish material, so it is without coincidence we are seeing an increased interest in tile’s performance, maintenance, and cleanability.
At Creative Materials Corporation, we take pride in knowing that our products are of the highest commercial grade quality – supporting and promoting healthy, clean, and safe spaces. We offer porcelain tile that is stain-resistant, dense, low-absorptive, hypoallergenic, and VOC-free.
Let’s take a look at some additional environmental advantages when using tile on your project:
- Being impervious is a good thing – for a floor or wall covering. This means mold and fungi, bacteria, and other known irritants cannot penetrate or contaminate tile.
- The large format tile trend is here to stay. In fact, tile size will continue getting larger and larger. One of the reasons contributing to this trend is decreased grout joints. Reduced grout joints translate to reduced bacterial growth.
- You wouldn’t think it, but when tile gets damaged structurally (usually due to lack of thin-set mortar or adhesive), bacteria and germs can find their way into valleys, craters, and holes deep into the tile or mortar. When this happens, the only real fix is to replace the entire tile assembly. We pride ourselves in knowing that our porcelain tile’s breaking strength and modulus of rupture are of the highest in the industry.
- As I mentioned earlier, tile is hypoallergenic. Harmful pollutants that can lead to health concerns for some, cannot compromise the inert nature of tile.
- A product that is scratch-resistant means the surface of the tile is not easily compromised. Whether the tile is glazed or unglazed, this characteristic allows for tile to remain constant and permanent, unaffected by the pollutants around it.
I’m sure I have stated this many times before, but tile is really easy to clean and maintain. For a full breakdown see our Care and Maintenance Guide.
Considerations for product specifications, now more than ever, incorporate health and wellness as part of the project criteria – so make it easy with tile!
Until next time….